Why Jackson Hole? Let’s count the reasons. Valley residents enjoy a sense of community on many levels, including our schools, churches, arts festivals and cultural centers, which keep the community tapestry strong and vibrant. This is a “real” place where our Western heritage is alive and well and enjoyed daily by all of us. Often called the “last and best of the Old West,” where what you own means much less than how you value the magnificence of this environment which we call home.
Jackson Hole has it all — convenient commercial air service in and out of the valley, premier services for private jets, quality professional and health services, fine dining and theaters, and superb recreational and cultural opportunities. Jackson Hole is an influential arts community with a multitude of galleries, many fine shops and a bee-hive of talented artists. Community art organizations help you explore your creativity with classes and other outlets for those who wish to support or perform in all aspects of art, dance and music.
As part of the largest intact ecosystem in the lower 48 states, we have a community committed to conservation and sustainable growth. Less than 3% of the land in Jackson Hole is privately owned. The remaining 97% is protected in one way or another; surrounded by National Forest lands, Jackson Hole Land Trust holdings and two National Parks. It is reassuring to know that our scenic corridors, abundant streams, rivers and wildlife will stand protected throughout the future, remaining one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Evening skies above the Grand Teton tend toward astonishing splashes of color. Days can be sporting, evenings tranquil and leisurely, and people often have a pleasant struggle between “what-I-should-do versus all-there-is-to-do.” The Hole, as locals call it, promises personal opportunity on a daily basis, in an inspiring mountain setting.
While our lifestyle story is quite compelling, it’s also prudent to consider the ever growing importance of the state-tax climate. We have no state income tax, no state capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, no estate tax, no gift tax or intangibles tax and very beneficial state laws regarding the creation of trusts, including dynasty trusts. Therefore, many people designate their Jackson Hole home as their primary residence due to the significant tax savings on the state tax level.
Giving back has a major place here as well. Teton County is ranked number 1 of all counties in the US from the standpoint of “philanthropy per capita” which tells a significant story about the people who live here. With just under 200 nonprofits, there is ample opportunity to meet your neighbors while supporting schools, the arts, the hospital and the environment.
For more information, please contact Ken W. Gangwer.